Poker HandsLike in all other games, online poker too ,there are couple of rules that as a player you need to know before you get down to play the real thing. You would normally play the game with a pack of 52 cards or if it is a variant, multiple packs, too. All the cards are normally ranked from high to low Ace, King , Queen, Jack,10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1, Ace. Ace could be high or low,however it is normally high.
As mentioned , the ranking of Hands is quite important in Poker:
1) Royal Flush- A, K, Q, J, 10 of same suit make up this hand. It is regarded as the highest Poker hand.
2) Straight Flush- Five cards of same suit in sequence are called straight flush. An example is 54321 of diamonds.
3) Four of a kind- These are four cards of the same rank- 1-1-1-1 of diamonds, spades, hearts, clubs.
4) Full House- Three of a kind plus a pair make this type of Poker Hand.
5) Flush- Any five cards of the same suit, not found in sequence such as Jack, 9, 4, 1,6 of Spades.
6) Straight- Five cards in sequence, but not of the same suit such as 6 of clubs, 7 of clubs, 8 of diamonds, 9 of spades and 10 of diamonds).
7) Three of a Kind- This hand has three cards of the same rank- Queen, Queen, Queen.
8) Two Pair- Two pairs of different rank like 8, 8 of Hearts and 3,3 of diamonds
9) One Pair- Two cards of the similar rank make this hand. Example- Jack(hearts), Jack (Club).
10) High Card- In case no player has a poker hand that emerges as one of the above hands, the hand with the highest card is a winner